Date: October 1, 2020
Notice: Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Child’s Personal Information
TRiO Perks complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, otherwise known as COPPA.
This notice describes our practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information from children under the age of 13. Our limited use of this information is described here and in detail in the TRiO Perks Terms of Service that describes our commitment to your TRIO Program.
The TRIO Program that your child is participating in has consented to our collection of this information so that we can deliver the TRiO Perks service to your child and to the TRIO Program. COPPA allows for educational institutions to act as a parent’s agent in certain educational contexts. This is outlined in the Federal Trade Commission’s document titled “Complying with COPPA: Frequently Asked Questions” (covered in Section M on “COPPA and Schools”).
2. Information We Collect
We collect the following information about your child directly from the TRIO Program:
- Your child’s first and last name.
- Your child’s school name.
- We may receive information that lists your child’s grade, gender, and ethnicity. We may receive your child’s photo.
We may collect the following information directly from your child if they use the TRiO Perks App.
- The device ID for any mobile device that your child is using with the TRiO Perks App.
- Information your child enters which is communicated directly to the staff that run your child’s TRIO Program. This may be direct messages and/or information on ways that your child wants to use the points they have earned through TRiO Perks.
3. Use of Information We Collect
We use your child’s personal information internally so that they can see their own progress within TRiO Perks. We use device ID information internally so that we can allow your child to use the app safely and securely securely. We also provide reports to the TRIO Program so that they can see your child’s progress.
4. Who we Disclose Information to
If your TRIO Program purchases ID Badges from TRiO Perks, then we disclose your child’s personal information to a third-party who manufactures the ID Badges. We work only with ID Badge manufacturers who understand Student Data Privacy and who adopt the same policies used by TRiO Perks.
5. Verifying Consent
Because our consent comes directly from the TRIO Program, our contract for services with the TRIO Program includes consent.
6. Contact us
If you have questions or comments about the data collection practices concerning your child by TRiO Perks, please send us an email at email@example.com or contact us by mail or phone:
223 NW 2nd Street, STE 300
Evansville, Indiana 47708